Tuesday, July 25, 2006

All I Need To Do

I appear to be already doing all I need to do. If the computer
was somehow rendered inaccessible, all I'd miss are my files, which,
as I said before, I backup weekly onto my CD-RW.
”.

Aye! There’s the rub.

The world is full of people who (a) don’t need to backup until it is too late or (b) backup what they believe is all their essential data, until the time they realise that they didn’t quite get it all.

When you think about it, the only way to be certain that you have everything you need, is to backup everything. No other technique can guarantee to you that you have got The Lot.

Worse. While today you may think you have it all, there are updates to Windows and other software coming down the pipe that may well start hoarding your data elsewhere.

To my mind there is no good substitute for a total hard drive backup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home